Spears® 835-030SR Gray PVC SCH 80 Molded Adapter, 3 in, Socket x SR FIPT
Spears® transition fittings are designed primarily for adapting plastic to metal systems. These fittings, especially the Special Reinforced (SR) female plastic thread style, can also be used for superior strength in make-up of plastic threaded joints. Spears® offers a variety of transition adapter fittings specified below. All have standard ASTM socket sizes for IPS pipe and NPT threads, except for the gasket sealed style that uses a straight thread with elastomer seal. All other threads should be assembled with a quality grade thread sealant that is compatible with plastics.
- Strong and reliable metal to plastic transitions
- Low profile design accommodates streamline installation
- Molded-in-place brass threads with form compressed o-ring for optimum expansion and contraction barrier
- Chemical and corrosion resistance
- Applications: For use with PVC SCH 80 industrial products